Monday, November 29, 2010

Any other day...

Well, it is effing freezing down here in the lower level of the MLK library. For the first time in a LONG time, I am studying here. Actually being productive. Most of my HW done (for once, even though it's the end of the semester! really I should be saying FINALLY DONE) before the weekend is over.

Everyone's back to work... blah-di-blah-di-blah...

I want to say I was being productive today. I got some studying done, but I still have to make copies of some 100+ odd pages of French text--

don't even get me started.

ANYwho, today isn't about boring you all to death. SO LEMME SAY--I think I'll FINALLY be able to get started on that movie blog!! (accessible HERE)

Suggestion from my study buddy, Avina (we ended up chatting for the first 2-2.5 hours of "studying" AND I was late. BOO ON ME), that I should watch "Dead Poets Society."

I know, I know.

HOW is it I call myself a cinephile and have yet to see that??

WELL, I'm only a cinephile b/c I was obstructed from really enjoying movies (how they're supposed to be enjoyed--in the theatre) when I was younger. The minute I got a car--ZOOM! and I was out...

ANYwho... so that'll start my list.

Also, as of this semester, I had to watch "La Gloire de mon père" and will soon be watching "The Planet of the Apes" (1968 version, for a comparison between that and the French sci-fi novel). So I'll let you know on that... AND a bunch of other movies

I just finished "Secret of Kells" last night, and started on "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". I'll let you know if they're skippers, or if YOU GOTTA WATCH 'EM!! (o;

Also- side note: "Rise of the Apes" starring James Franco, Freida Pinto and Tom Felton (just to name a few; I think Brian Cox is slated to star as well, but I'll have to double-check)--a reboot and prequel/retelling of the story (more à la Mark Wahlberg's version I believe), so keep on the look out for THAT.

ANYwho... back to studying.

Also, I'm trying to help my younger sis w/her college apps. Man, did she wait!!

Oh well. We'll see. Crossin' my fingers for her (and you should, too).

As of now, tired, cold and HUNGERS.

So, I'm out.

PAYCE. (o;

No comments:

Post a Comment